The PR world is always evolving. As summer comes to an end, it’s important to account for some great brand activations that happened this summer. Firstly, what are brand activations? Brand activations are a small part of experiential marketing that encourages audiences to engage with a brand via unique and creative events. Here is a list of a few killer experiential events that took place this summer that made a long-lasting impact.
- Sleepenvie Presents Mean Girls
Sleepenvie created a Mean Girls inspired brand activation at the NKPR IT House on September 5th. They brought to life a modern take on the iconic Regina George bedroom from Mean Girls. Their experiential event was perfectly tailored to the demographic that would be attending the event. The photo-booth setup encouraged guests to engage with an array of Sleepenvie’s products.
- Leadership Sinai Porsche Rally
Instagram: @downtownporsche & @sinaihealthtoronto
This was the event’s fourth year running providing a platform for its participants to engage in a riveting Porsche driving experience while raising funds and awareness for reproductive health in Canada. Attendees enjoyed a one-hour on-road Porsche driving experience, driving brand new Porsches in North Toronto and on backcountry roads then through a rally course set up at Woodbine Racetrack. This experiential event created a community for health care professionals to enjoy and celebrate their industry and provided attendees a once-in-a-lifetime Porsche driving experience.
- Bumble BFF: Bee Stream
This past summer, the computer-networking company Bumble created the Bumble BFF vintage airstream. This Bee Stream is a one-of-a-kind Bumble BFF Airstream that travelled across Ontario promoting the friendship mode of the app. Each Bee Stream attempted to create a unique experience making their users feel like they are in a vintage Instagram-worthy apartment.
A few PR Takeaways for creating a Successful Experiential Event:
- Make sure it’s on-brand: The idea of your event can be super basic to something extremely intricate. However, make sure it will strongly appeal to the desired audience
- Be original: Creating new content ideas is crucial for a successful experiential event. Make sure your idea matches with your product/client to see the best results.
- Have your media lined-up: Creating a catchy slogan that can be easily circulated on social media. Do your research and think about different hashtags that have gained attention.
- Build a community: If you follow these three steps above, your event will create a community that makes everyone feel welcomed and included. This will only help engagement pre, present and post-event.
If you’re ready to take your new business to the next level, register below for a free one-hour consultation with Samari Communications, a boutique PR agency in Toronto specializing in communication for fashion, beauty, technology and lifestyle brands.
- A Laurier Grad with a passion for inclusion in all thing’s education and entertainment, Lauren Machtinger lends her experience to Samari Communication in her role as Experiential Event and Social Media Intern. In Lauren’s last year of studies, she dove into the Communications industry managing a small team of students for Bumble doing brand activations and experiential events. She has an immense passion for helping others. Lauren has been very involved in her community by running the Feel the Beat program. This program is affiliated with the Kitchener-Waterloo community to help teach dance, self-expression and life skills to individuals with exceptionalities. You can find her on LinkedIn or contact her via email email@example.com.